pontypridd rfc

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

david brown

pontypridd rfc

Post by david brown »

I have just read an E Mail from a so called PONTY member i find this utterly,contemptible.He states that he will be watching the mighty PONT on the big screen in the club house .The entrance money he would have spent at EBBW VALE he will donate to the club.He then asks all and sundry to follow him and donate their gate money over the bar for the club.If this is sportsmanship ,then it is sinking to a new low .F,,k you jack as long as we are ok ,GUTTER PRINCIPLES stooping to a new level.I wish to stress ,it is from a member and has no connection with the clubs stand on this.

Re: pontypridd rfc

Post by 123 »

If that is the case and they are giving money back to their club then that’s their prerogative however I am sure there will be more Ponty fans coming up than fans from other teams have. This is the negative side of games being televised!
david brown

Re: pontypridd rfce

Post by david brown »

What if all the clubs adopted this policy .There would be no league next season.All the clubs are feeling the f inancial cut backs by the WRU Go to BARGOED, ,X KEYS.BEDWAS,We out number the home support about 20 /to1.If we stayed at home .they would not last half a season.I fully accept that it is their decision to stay at home and give the potential gate money to their club.But the on going result .would be disastrous for all concerned.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

What I do Dave is go to the game to support our boys, whether home or away, record the game if it's televised, and contribute through Friends of Ebbw Vale RFC monthly.......oh and volunteer to man the gates on match day and help out as requested.
Maybe that is what he should be doing for his club.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

ponty's forum is marginally more interesting of late than normal due to obvious reasons .But now some of their posters are turning against Ebbw for some reason.Apparently a few years ago we banged the prices up on the gate and in the bar !! Simply because the mighty hordes of Ponty supporters were in town.Wow! If that was the case maybe Ponty should have taken the hint and hiked up their season tickets ,price on the gate,and beer behind the bar,then maybe they wouldn't be up the proverbial without a paddle ! I mean ,they could sell 100,000 season tickets no problem ,so we're led to believe.On a serious note,their supporters aren't coming up ,which obviously has a knock on effect as far as Ebbw's coffers are concerned,and it has to be said ,is disappointing.Can't think of anything more to say really.See you all there tomorrow.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

I absolutely refute the allegations, we have never, ever put up prices either at the gate or bar, we always appreciated that Ponty would bring enough numbers and would not take the p|$$ on either count. Just think they are looking for excuses to not support their team who incidentally deserve better.
Last edited by Stevey on 01 Mar 2019 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
Will2

Post by Will2 »

I can understand they are in serious financial difficulty Unfortunately this is of there own making though financial mismanagement of the club. They have a wage bill of 250k p.a. and over 100k of debts and decided success on the field was more important that the future of the club. As a result of this they want everyone else to suffer for there failure. Clubs of all levels are struggling financially most working hard to survive from week to week. Pontypridd have always been well supported, they have frequently dipped in there pockets to save the club. I wish them every success with the fund raising to get them though this season. I don't think alienating other clubs will help.
Halftime Pint

Post by Halftime Pint »

Well said Will Will.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Enjoyed that ,and enjoyed it again watching on tv.Nothing too flash from Ebbw,just did the basics and did them well.Ash kept the boys feet firmly on the ground and I was impressed how we managed to keep the penalty count down when Ponty were throwing everything at us.I thought the back row were exceptional last night ,Clarkey was a right pain in ponty's ass,and young Owen had another cracker.Joe Franchi ! What a fabulous game that boy had last night.Joe has had an amazing season,Best I've seen from the lad,and he was his usual awesome best last night. Now ,that disallowed try ( the second one ).Seen it a couple of times now,and taking off the rose tinted glasses,I saw nothing wrong with it in real time,saw it again on tv,nothing wrong.Saw it on TMO where it was alluded that Rhys had knocked on.I saw Rhys knock the ball back,and a deserved try was scored.Even Mark Jones thought it was a try .A disappointing decision.Dipped my toes in the Ponty forum,usual guff from that lot,talk about sour grapes,God Almighty !!! Apparently the match was attended by about a dozen left wing foul mouthed ,one eyed skinheads in Ebbw colours and those nice Ponty supporters felt intimidated.Oh !and none of us know the rules ,so there.I'm so glad we beat 'em
abergavenny plodder

Post by abergavenny plodder »

A somewhat strange game, don't think it ever really hit the heights but it was exciting all the same because it was so close. At half time thought we were well on top and that we should have been further ahead. Fair play to Ponty they really came back at us after the break, their forwards dominating the contact area especially after Joe Franchi went off and their backs were very sharp and dangerous all night with some very strong runners. I have been somewhat critical of Joe Franchi in the past with his line out throwing but tonight he was simply immense and had in my opinion his best game in an Ebbw shirt. Pack as usual were their efficient selves but some pace and penetration needed behind together with improved tackling which Meyer if or when he returns can provide or young Aneurin Owen. Sorry to sound critical, I m not as I ll take a one point win over Ponty anytime. Well done Ebbw, let's consolidate our top four position now.