friendly v Blaenavon

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

viewfromthestand

friendly v Blaenavon

Post by viewfromthestand »

The new season is nearly here , and to get things rolling we are playing a friendly v Blaenavon away at their ground this Thursday at 7.30 pm kick off. Get you red, white and green and support the next generation of Steelmen
david brown

Re: friendly v Blaenavon

Post by david brown »

Read in the ARGUS that meetings have taken place between the DRAGONS,NEWPORT RFC and EBBW VALE RFC regarding the players allocation.Just wondered if our players could be made public,bearing in mind we are short in very key positions,in particular behind the scrum.
viewfromthestand

i can confirm that talks have taken place between us and the Dragons Dave. To date the complete allocation is not sorted so therefore it may be another week before the full news will be released. We have got all positions covered by our own squad , some of these guys are young players with bags of potential. Look at players that we have developed over the years and fear not the latest crop of Ebbw Vale players will be very competitive and will be household names by the end of the season. Like our Ronny , Cammie and Franchi twins are .
david brown

Post by david brown »

Very many thanks for the response which answered all my questions and quelled my concerns.
viewfromthestand

In a game where the hosts did nt roll over and looked as though they will do very well in their respective league Ebbw Vale Steelmen came out on top. I think the score was around 34 points to nil. Some real positives came out of the game . What showed is that our coaches are shrewd recruitment consultants. The new boys showed up well. Our back line looked sharp and my god we tackled hard . Dom Franchi was at his bone crunching best. The new props in Ellis Evans and Carl Sully looked like they will be a force in the premiership . The two young hookers did a good job. Overall I think it was a 6.5/10 performance but we looked like a unit. Lots of gas out wide . Craig Duncan came on and immediately reminded me of his first game for us a few seasons ago , when we played Cross Keys, he went through the defence like a hot knife through butter. Hopefully , he will continue in this form. So, my viewfrominfront of the Bleanavon stand was I was pleased.. I came away very positive. We have two tough tests coming up with Brixham away and Bury ST Edmunds over on the Banna , Nantyglo coming up. Finally , the rain arrived and made it real rugby weather. Bring on the season.