Goodbye.. ..and good riddance.

Anything regional, again there are limits

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Dai Rob

Goodbye.. ..and good riddance.

Post by Dai Rob »

Good riddance to one of the dirtiest players around..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 217340.stm

:D
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Beefy

Dirty?

Post by Beefy »

Not sure I totally agree with that. At least you knew you were going to get a high forearm from Sal, what about all the stamping, gouging, biting, punching that goes on in close quaters from the forwards? Surely the underhanded nature of these offences is dirtier?

I just think that he stood out because he was/is a back, and massive with it. Anyone who knows the Tongans will understand that it really is just over enthusiasm on their part, they don't play dirty just hard and can be terrible exponents of the art of tackling.

On the other hand, if his crimes seem worse because he was a Scarlet then I understand where you are coming from!
"One swallow doesn't make a summer" K.Jones circa. 1998/99
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

Scarlet (region ?!?) or Llanelli scarlet - that's all i've seen him play as and in my opinion he doesn't make an effort to go for the ball. It's always the man and if he gets the ball too then that's a bonus..

That said there's quite a few who are on a par with him on that front.
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.