Quin's in the cup

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

marshomano

Quin's in the cup

Post by marshomano »

Don't care that it's a cup game. Don't care that it's all pay. Get me to the bank.

Team is as follows

15 Morgan Richards

14 Jordan Thomas

13 Amir Jiwa Wadji

12 Dom Franchi

11 Carrick McDonough

10 Evan Lloyd

9 Jon Evans

8 Gethin Williams

7 Joe Thomas

6 Lewis Young

5 Andrew Mann

4 Dylan Bartlett

3 Adam Court

2 Joe Franchi

1 Luke Garrett

16 Rhys Francis

17 Lewis Kinsella

18 Jordan Pritchard

19 Morgan Thomas

20 Jakub Małecki

21 Matthew Flanagan

22 Haydn Simons

23 Ryan Davies
String

Re: Quin's in the cup

Post by String »

Just hoping the idiots "running" the game don't cancel it again.
marshomano

Post by marshomano »

Well that was a game of rugby .

We fought for every ball. I have to be honest, I'm disappointed that we left a few tries out on the field. But to win that way, to play that way, against a Quinn's side that always give us a great game, I'm over the moon. Long may this brand of rugby continue.
DaiLew

Post by DaiLew »

What a great Saturday afternoon!
Top of the bank, glorious September sunshine and an extremely fit, committed and skilful Steelmen team. I haven’t enjoyed watching them as much as that for a few seasons.
Chippy’s influence is obvious and will hopefully continue the improvement.
String

Post by String »

Hard not to be impressed with that!

Pace. Sharp cutting attack. Fierce defence once again. Intelligence decisions of when to kick, when to keep it. Faultless goal kicking.

Enjoyable, fast past attacking rugby. In fairness to Carmarthen, when they got some ball they played nice positive rugby too. Both sides came to play. Same as v N*****t, Ebbw competed every single tackle and ruck, chased every ball. Commitment and it paid off several times.

Being very picky it could be argued that poor handling squandered quite a few try chances in the first half which would have put us absolutely out of sight by half time. Scrum went a bit odd after initial success and some of that may well be the angle of Quins prior to the set that went uncalled.

Not convinced by our yellow card either - ball was passed as close range to the chest and was then dropped trying to gather but didn't change things.

If the only thing to grumble about is that we weren't further ahead by half time then its a good game.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195191303 ... 0302162946 has a few shots from the bank
marshomano

Post by marshomano »

String wrote: 17 Sep 2022 19:24 Hard not to be impressed with that!

Posh git with all those photos ♥️♥️♥️♥️
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

Was a very enjoyable afternoon, the work that all the coaches have put in is showing itself on the pitch, total commitment from all involved.
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

Can someone explain the format of the cup competition, is it just the top team in the group that goes through? Is there bonus points? Help ☺
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
String

Post by String »

valleyblues wrote: 18 Sep 2022 10:11 Can someone explain the format of the cup competition, is it just the top team in the group that goes through? Is there bonus points? Help ☺
https://community.wru.wales/2022/07/19/ ... ium-glory/ has details scrolling down.
Premiership Cup: 12 clubs / 4 Groups

Championship Cup: Knock-Out format

Division 1 Cup: 59 clubs / 15 Groups

Division 2 Cup: 48 clubs / 12 Groups

Division 3 Cup: 70 clubs / 18 Groups

Division 4 Cup: 35 clubs / 9 Groups

Division 5 Cup: 60 clubs / 17 Groups

The winners of each group then qualify to the knockout stages of each respective competition
Personally i think its daft. It was brought in during COVID to ensure some sort of outcome to a season if it had to be cut short. I really dont think theres a point to it now.
I feel it just repeats the league and devalues that to an extent.
To me, a cup should be knock out and all teams from all levels get a shot at it as we had previously.