N*****t home

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

String

N*****t home

Post by String »

Not entirely sure how we won that given the errors but a double over them in a season is nice.

Just as Ponty we really really struggled with lineout ball all match and from that struggled to get a lot of possession.

Both sides with pretty solid defence meaning it wasn't exactly a thriller in the first half.

Some loose kicks out on the full and a bit of aimless tennis leading to newport's first try just after half time but we recovered and cut through some nice tries to take advantage of the few chances we had with good ball.

Scrum looked to be on top most of the game although the referee didn't seem to agree at times.

Quite happy we took advantage of the few chances on offer and capitalising on one glaring opposition mistake for the final try to put the game safe.

In theory an easier game up next (yet again not a Saturday) but we thought that with Bridgend and look what happened!
Sort the lineout out please.
shaunspikey

Re: N*****t home

Post by shaunspikey »

Have to agree ,lineout was absolutely shocking ,I don’t think we won one
But our defence won us that ..it’s stepped up 2 notches this season
Always on the bank
DaiLew

Re: N*****t home

Post by DaiLew »

We did very well to be level at half time considering the line out. Obviously, made up for it elsewhere.

I thought we were out of it at 3:11 but what a difference in attitude and fitness compared to the last couple of seasons. The last 20 minutes genuinely made my Christmas!