Llanelli

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Bodie 007

Llanelli

Post by Bodie 007 »

If you were watching the game via S4C click....or whatever, you would not have really appreciated just how bad the weather was and hence the difficulty to play an entertaining game.
But I feel Ebbw did themselves justice, also the fans, who outnumbered the home support.
I think any "region" should forego their Premiership team and then four clubs could come up to take their place. I had this conversation several years ago with Phil Bennett, after a Sunday game at Parc y Scarlets after he noted our good support compared to their dire numbers.
String

Re: Llanelli

Post by String »

Couldn't see it (Thursday as usual) so only saw the highlights posted.
Has our lineout improved ?(Scrum looked good, some very good tries with pace and the last one was very alert thinking to take that quick throw).

Ive never been a fan of holding rugby games in a stadium far too big for the expected crowd. It makes whatever fan numbers are there look even smaller and has almost no atmosphere at all. The whole experience is sterile.

I think they're not even pretending to be regions any more so the clubs are actually a disconnect anyway. I dont really have an issue with any club playing provided its fair promotion and relegation.
What i do dislike is the ability of some clubs to load their teams with pro/development players for important games and so on. Currently that isnt a level playing field (more like the Gnoll...). The situation where you can play against someone one week who played for you a few weeks ago as part of the moving them around system.

That said the biggest change i'd like in Premier rugby going forward is NO MORE THURSDAY NIGHT GAMES.
shaunspikey

Re: Llanelli

Post by shaunspikey »

Lineout was better ,marginally,mostly wayward throws due to the conditions ..
Not a great fan of thurs online games ,picture quality at times was sketchy
The west wales teams dont really seem to be well supported wether it region or lower league
One plus from Thursday ,I thought the ref was very good …
Two bonus,s from today (7 th ) with RGC and Merthyr both losing ..it now in our hands
To get that fourth spot
Always on the bank