******* ***** ****ons???????

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Beaufort Boy

******* ***** ****ons???????

Post by Beaufort Boy »

EVRFC.. :o
Last edited by Beaufort Boy on 10 Sep 2005 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
Always take the lens cap off mun mush...

https://neilcharlesrobertsphotography.smugmug.com
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Here we go AGAIN....
Yes, thats right

The HEADER on this forum is THE EBBW VALE SUPPORTERS AREA..
And the title of this part of the message board is THE DRAGONS, so your talking R U B B I S H
Oh..The OSPREYS too..
As they ARE our REGION..
Ummm....if you look at the Scrum V site you will see that the Dragons are our region. I wonder if you would have said that last season at the end of the Ospreys 10 match losing streak? I doubt it.
...GARN RFC...
Beaufort Boy

Couldn't givea toss about them last season or this pal...

Post by Beaufort Boy »

EVRFC
Always take the lens cap off mun mush...

https://neilcharlesrobertsphotography.smugmug.com
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

Ummm....if you look at the Scrum V site you will see that the Dragons are our region.
Sorry to put a spanner in your band wagon Mr Jarvis but I think you may be out on you own (North of Malpas that is) in believing nGD's are regional to Gwent.

Mr Turner appears to be trying in public (and good luck to him in tackling the nPT management), but he faces a bloody big mountain in the shape of getting the "n" off the shirt - which most of the "others" are so against.

They (nGD's) are also now faced with the prospect of moving away from rp after being told to improve their facilities. Maybe then (if it happens) support may just come trickling towards the outfit.

Until then I think you're the only person likely to be seen around Ebbw (and other areas) in your beloved shirt..
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Sorry to put a spanner in your band wagon Mr Jarvis but I think you may be out on you own (North of Malpas that is) in believing nGD's are regional to Gwent.
Dragons Regions -

Principality Premiership - Ebbw Vale RFC
Division 5 East - Ebbw Vale RTB

So officially the Dragons are our region, whether you like it or not unfortunately.

A lot of people are now calling the Ospreys their region! What a joke!! I wonder if they'd say that if they were as sh*t as they were 2 season ago? And if they are now supporters of the Ospreys, maybe i'l see them down Swansea on Tuesday???
...GARN RFC...
Graham

Post by Graham »

Funny enough, I spoke to a few Ebbw fans yesterday who said they'll be there this week shouting “Ospreys” while wearing their Ebbw jerseys. I wish I were able to join you at the game folks. Sadly, I can't.

Somehow, I fail to see how the argument works regarding not wanting to get behind the O's because they lose a game or don’t play well. Most of us are hardened Ebbw Vale supporters and the fact that we don't win all our games doesn't generally dissuade us from watching. I think the same mentality may be prevalent when we watch the Ospreys.

Officially you are absolutely spot on fella. They are supposed to be representative of Ebbw Vale. However, if you ask the population of Ebbw Vale if they feel that they are being represented (or even WANT to be represented) by the Newport Gwent Dragons, I think we all know what the population will say.

Still, each to his/her (don't want to be accused of being sexist) own. There are two factions, and each is entitles to do their own thing.

I shall just stick with my feeling of apathy toward them. I don't feel strongly enough about them anymore to argue.
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

Dragons Regions -

Principality Premiership - Ebbw Vale RFC
Division 5 East - Ebbw Vale RTB

So officially the Dragons are our region, whether you like it or not unfortunately.
Very apt choice of words there..

As posted many times.. ..you have your choice of teams, I (and others) have theirs - move on... :roll:
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.