Internet info

As suggested in our Forums, here is the place to post all those non-rugby related issues

Moderators: The ref, Henry Crun

Graham

Internet info

Post by Graham »

Here are some links fella...............

I think both AOL and Wanadoo are doing free modems and free setup for broadband.

AOL 56k Dial up
AOL 512k boroadband 10 day lead time.

Wanadoo 56k Dial up
Wanadoo Broadband up to 2028k 10 day lead time.

I'm not sure if Plusnet are doing the freebies, but if you ring, ask them and tell them it could sway your decision (This is the company I use).

Plusnet 56k Dial up
Plusnet Broadband up to 2028k between 5 - 7 day lead time.

There are loads of others out there. If you want to get online quickly, you could register a dial up account, and then change to broadband when you are ready. At least you will be on line while waiting for your line to be activated for braoadband.

If you have plenty of time on your hands and want to research Internet Service Providers further, you can have a look on the ADSLguide forums (just ignore the "Not Logged In" notice as you can read it without being registered). Just scroll down the list (they start about halfway down) and pick out the ISP you are interested in. In there you will find out what the actual users make of their providers.

If you decide to go with dial up as a temporary measure, just give me a call and I'll put a modem in for you.