Thank you, Dragons

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

ebbwboy

Thank you, Dragons

Post by ebbwboy »

Can I just say an emotional, heartfelt 'thank you' to the NGDs for cheering me up enormously on Saturday night? :lol:
"We may be in the tropics but today Queensland has been as cold as Ebbw Vale" - Stuart Barnes, Lions' Tour 2001.
Graham

Re: Thank you, Dragons

Post by Graham »

ebbwboy wrote:Can I just say an emotional, heartfelt 'thank you' to the NGDs for cheering me up enormously on Saturday night? :lol:
Do I detect an hint of shadenfreude there fella?
String

Post by String »

I watched it until half time decidedly unimpressed and then went out.

Got home the following day, checked the results and was also cheered up measurably after seeing that result.

Llanelli losing on friday night as well helped to take the sting out of the ebbw loss.
watcher

Post by watcher »

If anyone needs to be convinced about the sham of Gwent regionalism, take a look at the NGD Argus tonight. Amazingly, shortly after joining NPT from Pooler Leighton Jones is in the NGD squad! Just a few games for NPT and youre good enough to be a Dragon.
From a small place just outside Tesco.
ebbwboy

Post by ebbwboy »

watcher wrote:If anyone needs to be convinced about the sham of Gwent regionalism, take a look at the NGD Argus tonight. Amazingly, shortly after joining NPT from Pooler Leighton Jones is in the NGD squad! Just a few games for NPT and youre good enough to be a Dragon.
I know NGDs are suffering a hooker injury crisis at the moment but I wonder if they'd have approached Pooler to co-opt Leighton if he'd stayed? Is he the best Gwent Premiership hooker available?
"We may be in the tropics but today Queensland has been as cold as Ebbw Vale" - Stuart Barnes, Lions' Tour 2001.
String

Post by String »

There were players and other club officials last year stating theyd been told that if they wanted a dragons contract they really ought to consider leaving their existing club and signing for newport rfc.

Seems nothing is new this year.
Audi Diesel

Talking of Leightons

Post by Audi Diesel »

I saw Leighton Philips at the Quins game. Now he was a superb hooker - even more powerful in the loose than Spikey.

Just watching?
watcher

Post by watcher »

Just for your information the other hooker called into the dragons squad is andrew brown.
From a small place just outside Tesco.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Can I just say an emotional, heartfelt 'thank you' to the NGDs for cheering me up enormously on Saturday night?
Hope Friday nights result cheered you all up as well, you know, that one where we beat one of the best teams in Europe?
...GARN RFC...
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

Did I read in the N*****t Gwent Andrex that the D*****s have actually named a Bedwas prop in their squad for the Heineken Cup ... ??

Have N*****t RFC (or the D*****s seconds as I call them) run out of props ... ??

Surely there must be some in the N*****t under 21s or N*****t Youth or even N*****t Saracens or N*****t HSOB ... !!
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
DaiC

Post by DaiC »

Malpas69 wrote:Did I read in the N*****t Gwent Andrex that the D*****s have actually named a Bedwas prop in their squad for the Heineken Cup ... ??

Have N*****t RFC (or the D*****s seconds as I call them) run out of props ... ??

Surely there must be some in the N*****t under 21s or N*****t Youth or even N*****t Saracens or N*****t HSOB ... !!
What are your trying to say here exactly??
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

What I am saying is that unless you play for N*****t RFC (D*****s Seconds) ... it is extremely ... highly unlikely that you are going to go on and play for D*****s Firsts ... !!

I believe some players have actually been told that unless they play for N*****t RFC ... they will not be offered a regional contract ...

Look at Leighton Jones ... moves from Pontypool to N*****t and within a fortnight he is in the D*****s squad. No way he is a better player than Chunky ... !!
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Graham

Post by Graham »

Malpas69 wrote:I believe some players have actually been told that unless they play for N*****t RFC ... they will not be offered a regional contract ...
This is a FACT. Despite the Dragons denial of this statement last season, there are players who were told exactly that.
Poolersaint

Post by Poolersaint »

Even players the Dragons sign from clubs outside of Gwent ( this season Fussell , Chris Davies and Aled Thomas - all Wales u21) end up at Newport !!
Those 3 should have been placed at other clubs in the "region" ! Why should they have gone to Newport ! :evil:
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

Poolersaint wrote:...Those 3 should have been placed at other clubs in the "region" ! Why should they have gone to Newport ! :evil:
..because, silly boy (not a dig at you, just a 'tut' remark.!), it's not and never has been a region - only a jumped up attempt by Brown and Watkins to try and play with the big boys..

..Paul Turner is having a go at trying to push the bounderies out (helped by Rhys Jarvis - :wink: ) but until the two clowns (and any of the others that are townie biased) are frozen out he stands no chance off the field..

:twisted:
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.