Fans needed, please bring a friend.

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Graham

Fans needed, please bring a friend.

Post by Graham »

I see the Dragons seem to have finally accepted that they need to get the people through the gate any way possible. They have organised a "Bring a buddy to the Borders" offer. All season ticket holders are eligible to bring in a friend free of charge for the Borders game. With loads of fans saying they are walking away after this season they must be worried.

We know and accept that they can't play CL/CC/HC games away from RP due to many things including hospitality boxes and a lot more, but......

Is this an acceptance that they can't get the numbers to watch them? Who knows, one day they might recognise that Gwent is part of the name for a reason. Nah, now I'm deluding myself.
String

Post by String »

So desperate to try and get people in for a game against the worst side in a poor tournament they are doing that. The turks did the same a while ago.

Even with 2 for 1 entry why do i have this sneaky suspicion they have no chance of getting the 8,000 break even in :)

With brown finally buggering off im detecting more and more panic from the newport board. The mythical missing 12,000 signatories havent attended a game, they've alienated most of the fan base and can now see impending financial doom.

Shame :lol: :D :lol:
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:The mythical missing 12,000 signatories havent attended a game, they've alienated most of the fan base and can now see impending financial doom.

Shame :lol: :D :lol:
12000? That was the laugh if this century and the last one. They had people from anywhere and everywhere to sign it (probably half a dozen times each). They even got people from Ireland to sign it. Now that was genius, because they don't want people in Gwent having a say in the how the thing should be run, but if you're from anywhere else in the world, it's OK apparantly.

12000? Yeah OK. :lol:
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Bitterness doesnt get you anywhere. That goes for the both of you.

The Dragons play in the top league in Wales, the best competition in Europe, they have 8 players playing for Wales. Now i'd rather be involved with them than sitting in the pouring rain at ECP supporting a below average team in a below average league.

The Dragons will survive, and it will be even sweeter knowing that they have proved people like you wrong. :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by RhysJervis on 03 Mar 2005 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

RhysJervis wrote: The Dragons are in the top league in Wales
Only by blackmailing the WRU

the best competition in Europe,
Correction, yet again they are OUT of the best competition in europe because they arent good enough. Again, theyre bound to be in it due to the corruption in the WRU allowing them to have a place.
Now i'd rather be involved with them than sitting in the pouring rain at ECP supporting a below average team in a below average league.
So yet again i'll ask what the hell you're doing on an EBBW VALE supporters board? The domain name and the huge titles stating:
An Independent Forum For Supporters of Ebbw Vale RFC
should really be a hint as to what this site is. Why not go to the newport board and post there. How many ebbw games have you attended this season? How many newport games?

You really are in the wrong place if you have no affinity at all for ebbw vale, there are boards dedicated to the team you support so why not use them.
The Dragons will survive, and it will be even sweeter knowing that they have proved people like you wrong. :D :D :D :D :D
So you have advanced qualifications in accountancy too then. How exactly are you creating several million pounds out of nothing? The brutal fact is the dragons now have far lower income than expenses every month and are losing money with no hope of recovering it. Incidentally its illegal to knowingly trade at a loss.....
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:How exactly are you creating several million pounds out of nothing? The brutal fact is the dragons now have far lower income than expenses every month and are losing money with no hope of recovering it. Incidentally its illegal to knowingly trade at a loss.....
Now I have GOT to see his answer to that one. Taking into account the dwindling numbers turning up (especially in light of an awful HC showing - given that they had the best group for a Welsh team to come through), I eagerly await this answer that will be all-enlightening to us mere mortals. Brown couldn't make them profitable so what next?
:?:
The next thing you know, they'll be actively trying to encourage supporters from clubs around Gwent to come and watch them.
:roll:
Last edited by Graham on 03 Mar 2005 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Seisyll ap Dyfnwal

Re: Fans needed, please bring a friend.

Post by Seisyll ap Dyfnwal »

Graham wrote:I see the Dragons seem to have finally accepted that they need to get the people through the gate any way possible. They have organised a "Bring a buddy to the Borders" offer.
Now if the Dragons were truely reperesentative of Gwent as a whole - including the Valleys - the offer would read:

"Bring a byti to the Borders" :wink:
Graham

Re: Fans needed, please bring a friend.

Post by Graham »

Seisyll ap Dyfnwal wrote:Now if the Dragons were truely reperesentative of Gwent as a whole - including the Valleys - the offer would read:

"Bring a byti to the Borders" :wink:
:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Seisyll ap Dyfnwal

Post by Seisyll ap Dyfnwal »

String wrote:Brown couldn't make them (Dragons) profitable so what next?
As a matter of principle, I am adamant that, at the very least, "Newport" must be dropped from the title. But our Newportian friends tell us if that happens, that source of support will be lost. If the rest of Gwent doesn't make up difference, then the only option left is a takeover by Cardiff! :shock:
Graham

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:Bitterness doesnt get you anywhere. That goes for the both of you.

Bitter? Nah, I've got nothing to be bitter about mun. As far as I'm concerned the Dragons can do what they want. It has no consequence to me as they clearly don't represent me or my club. They can win the HC 10 years in a row for all I care or they can go bust and fold. It makes no difference to me and who I support. They are not important enough in my life for me to worry about what they do.
RhysJervis wrote: i'd rather be involved with them than sitting in the pouring rain at ECP supporting a below average team in a below average league.
Don't they have rain in Newport then? Perhaps Tony Brown blackmailed God. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's because you (like a lot of Dragons followers - but not all of them) are a star gazer. You are the rugby equivalent of a Man Utd supporter. Just like the johnny come latelys who appeared from nowhere when Brown started buying in his foreign legion of superstars and internationals. Why didn't you follow Newport when they were getting thrashed by every club in the league (including Caerphilly 5 times in one season)?
Nah, you can't follow a team that isn't loaded with stars can you? Your kind are two a penny mate. As soon as the money has gone and the stars have left to make their fortune elsewhere, you will leave and wait for another team of stars to come along to watch.
RhysJervis wrote:The Dragons will survive, and it will be even sweeter knowing that they have proved people like you wrong.
See me in three years and I'll take huge pleasure in proving you wrong. You can also buy me a pint to say sorry as well.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Not bitter? You CLEARLY are Graham. But then again, you cant see that because you've got your head somewhere it shouldnt be.
Don't they have rain in Newport then? Perhaps Tony Brown blackmailed God.
No Graham, read the rest of it. Supporting a BELOW AVERAGE team in a BELOW AVERAGE league. Hurts doesnt it? I'd happily stand in the crowd at Rodney Parade to suppport the Dragons in a storm. As i did in the Newcastle, Edinburgh, Perpignan and Ospreys matches earlier this season.
That's because you (like a lot of Dragons followers - but not all of them) are a star gazer. You are the rugby equivalent of a Man Utd supporter. Just like the johnny come latelys who appeared from nowhere when Brown started buying in his foreign legion of superstars and internationals. Nah, you can't follow a team that isn't loaded with stars can you? Your kind are two a penny mate. As soon as the money has gone and the stars have left to make their fortune elsewhere, you will leave and wait for another team of stars to come along to watch.
You obviously know NOTHING about me. And i cant stress that enough. Dont judge me, you dont know me. That psses me right off.
Why didn't you follow Newport when they were getting thrashed by every club in the league (including Caerphilly 5 times in one season)?
Because sadly, and i mean sadly, i was still a soccer fan. Newport who? That would have been my answer 3 years ago. But trust me, rugby has been the only thing i have thought about since. Anybody that knows me would know that.

Buy YOU a pint? my a*se
...GARN RFC...
ebbwboy

Post by ebbwboy »

Graham wrote:You can also buy me a pint to say sorry as well.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Even in 3 years I really don't think Rhys will be legally entitled to buy anyone a pint! (Really)
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

How many times have i been to Ebbw Vale and Newport String?

Actually twice to Newport and twice to Ebbw. Countless times to the Dragons.

Again, this forum now has a Dragons forum on it. How many times do you have to be told? Write it down on a piece of paper and stick it on your moniter.
...GARN RFC...
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Well think again then EbbwBoy. (Really)

Im not arguing for the sake of it, its obvious i see things different to the rest of you, but thats fine. I hate it when they wind me up on purpose.
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

RhysJervis wrote:How many times have i been to Ebbw Vale and Newport String?

Actually twice to Newport and twice to Ebbw. Countless times to the Dragons.

Again, this forum now has a Dragons forum on it. How many times do you have to be told? Write it down on a piece of paper and stick it on your moniter.
So i'll ask again, as you dont support ebbw and have stated you have no interest in them WHY are you using the: "The Ebbw Vale Supporters Arena - An Independent Forum For Supporters of Ebbw Vale RFC" ?

A board set up by ebbw vale supporters for ebbw vale supporters. If you have no interest in that why dont you use the newport board as thats obviously where your loyalties lie.

You dont SERIOUSLY expect to find any proper ebbw vale fans bothered about the dragons surely ?