Fans needed, please bring a friend.

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Graham

Post by Graham »

Rhys wrote:Not bitter? You CLEARLY are Graham. But then again, you cant see that because you've got your head somewhere it shouldnt be.
Firstly, take a look further down and see how upset you get because people make assumptions about you. Well what do you expect? This is exactly what you do to others. Re-read my post and you will see why I couldn't give a rats behind if the Dragons live or die. That is a fact that you nor anyone else can alter. I couldn't give a rat's about them.
:roll:
Secondly, careful with the personal insults now, remember you are on a final warning (after just 4 days). :wink:
Rhys wrote:No Graham, read the rest of it. Supporting a BELOW AVERAGE team in a BELOW AVERAGE league. Hurts doesnt it?
Why would that hurt? Now you are just making yourself look silly again. Re-read what you type before you press "Submit". Hurts??? Why the hell would that bother me? I have followed my club/team for 30 years through thick and thin, so why would anything "hurt"? You really need to grow up quickly of you are going to try and hold up your end of a debate.
Rhys wrote:I'd happily stand in the crowd at Rodney Parade to suppport the Dragons in a storm. As i did in the Newcastle, Edinburgh, Perpignan and Ospreys matches earlier this season.
Well whoop de doo for you fella. I've stood in torrential rain/sleet/snow/sub-zero temperatures/thunder/lightening for longer than you have been watching rugby. But so what? What has that got to do with anything. The point I made is likening you to a johnny come lately, which by the way, you have failed to address (select your points to reply very carefully don't you?). Superstar seeker/star gazer watches another Dragons match, wow let's chalk another one up.

Rhys wrote:You obviously know NOTHING about me. And i cant stress that enough. Dont judge me, you dont know me. That psses me right off.
This is the point I was talking about in the first part of the post. You clearly know nothing about people like String and myself and the rest of the faithful who have watched Ebbw Vale play in all weathers at all grounds around the UK and abroad for a lot longer than you've been watching rugby. So what's your point? You get upset that people do back to you what you do to them. If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

I asked:
Why didn't you follow Newport when they were getting thrashed by every club in the league (including Caerphilly 5 times in one season)?
Rhys wrote:Because sadly, and i mean sadly, i was still a soccer fan. Newport who? That would have been my answer 3 years ago. But trust me, rugby has been the only thing i have thought about since. Anybody that knows me would know that.
Thanks for proving my point so well. You are a glory seeking star gazer who is the perfect example of a johnny come lately. Go on deny it and try to prove what I have said is wrong. Disect this paragraph word by word and disprove it bit by bit.
Glory Seeking - Will only follow a team that is (or will be) successful.
Star Gazer - Wants to see the stars playing. Not the rejects of a "below average league".
Johnny come lately - Speaks for itself.

Rhys wrote:Buy YOU a pint? my a*se
See me in three years and when you have to admit you were wrong, I'll have a pint of Worthy (What you drinking Mr Whitcombe? Rhys is at the bar).
:lol:
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:
RhysJervis wrote:How many times have i been to Ebbw Vale and Newport String?

Actually twice to Newport and twice to Ebbw. Countless times to the Dragons.

Again, this forum now has a Dragons forum on it. How many times do you have to be told? Write it down on a piece of paper and stick it on your moniter.
So i'll ask again, as you dont support ebbw and have stated you have no interest in them WHY are you using the: "The Ebbw Vale Supporters Arena - An Independent Forum For Supporters of Ebbw Vale RFC" ?

A board set up by ebbw vale supporters for ebbw vale supporters. If you have no interest in that why dont you use the newport board as thats obviously where your loyalties lie.

You dont SERIOUSLY expect to find any proper ebbw vale fans bothered about the dragons surely ?
Hi fella,

I really don't mind our Rhys posting on here. But considering he was so happy about having this Dragons forum being on here, he really hasn't said much about them has he? No mention of the issues at RP even though I put a list up to help.

I was kind enough ('cos that's the type of guy I am :mrgreen:) to post a link to a place where he can join a "Dragons Love-in" and it's up to him whether or not he uses it. But either way, I have no problem where he posts, but I will not be using abuse as a weapon. Apparantly, you get told off by the invisible powers that be.

Unfortunately, the fact he has already been put on a final warning after only 4 days speaks volumes about his attitude. We all like a good debate, but we mustn't take it too far. there are innocent people being slaughtered and having the poo bombed out of them in many parts of the world as we speak, so I think that something as insignificant as the Dragons isn't worth getting wound up about.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Star Gazer - Wants to see the stars playing. Not the rejects of a "below average league".
How can you say im one of them? You have absolutely nothing to back up that point.
...GARN RFC...
Graham

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:
How can you say im one of them? You have absolutely nothing to back up that point.
I don't have to back any of it up fella. You've already said it all. Don't you even read your own posts?
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

And where did i say that i would only support the best team with the best players?

I've been down to RP many times this season while the Internationals have been away, i dont support them just for the results and the best players, i go down there to support MY TEAM.
...GARN RFC...
Graham

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:And where did i say that i would only support the best team with the best players?

I've been down to RP many times this season while the Internationals have been away, i dont support them just for the results and the best players, i go down there to support MY TEAM.
What a crock. You are deluding yourself if you believe any of that. If the Dragons had no international players on their books, you'd be from there like a flash. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you wanted to watch a team with no internationals then why aren't you supporting your local team loaded with players that you've never heard of? Because you'd rather watch a (comparatively) more successful team who can field lots of well paid pros most of whom are international/ex-internationals. The more you deny it, the sillier you are look.

You obviously don't want to waste your time like us supporting (as you call them) a BELOW AVERAGE team in a BELOW AVERAGE league, but (as you put it) I'd happily stand in the crowd at Rodney Parade to suppport the Dragons in a storm..

So there you go. Us lot are clearly not worthy of you supporting your local team of dedicated semi-pro players putting their hearts into it for their club at poor grounds in all weathers. You would rather swan off and watch your superstars at jolly old rodders. No doubt about it.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

How the hell can you say that if there wernt no internationals there i'd be from there like a flash? YOU DONT KNOW ME GRAHAM, you havent got a clue.

The reason i started supporting Newport was my mates ALL come from there. I started going to matches on the weekends and now im there to stay.

Can you see the point im trying to make? When i started watching rugby i didnt have a clue who any of the players were anyway. I rathered the atmosphere at Rodney Parade. They were more welcoming and the supporters were true supporters. Dont start on your "I've been a supporter for 300 years cr*p", because frankly i dont give a damn.

Also, even though Newport are struggling for money at the moment, they dont try to rip us off on the price of the tickets.
...GARN RFC...
Nick

Post by Nick »

And why am I not surprised you have no friends in Ebbw Vale?
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

No you shouldnt be surprised. Nobody from Ebbw is good enough to talk to me. Oh god im starting to sound like Graham.... :roll:
...GARN RFC...
Graham

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:No you shouldnt be surprised. Nobody from Ebbw is good enough to talk to me. Oh god im starting to sound like Graham.... :roll:
You will never be that fortunate. 8)

Your crime is being Rhys Jervis, and that is also your punishment.
Now that's what I call "Justice". :lol:
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Now that's what I call "Justice".
Doesnt suit you old man
...GARN RFC...
Graham

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:How the hell can you say that if there wernt no internationals there i'd be from there like a flash? YOU DONT KNOW ME GRAHAM, you havent got a clue.
From the tone/attitude in your posts on here so far, I know you very well. I've read posts like these from posters on many message boards. You are no different.
RhysJervis wrote:Can you see the point im trying to make? When i started watching rugby i didnt have a clue who any of the players were anyway. I rathered the atmosphere at Rodney Parade. They were more welcoming and the supporters were true supporters.
Well fair enough then, that's well explained and not even I can argue with that. Try doing that more often and you'll get on better with people. It's much better for all concerned than posting the type of stuff that gets you on a final warning.
But you must also accept that they are not ALL the true supporters that you think they are. Where were they all when the team was rubbish? I'm sure they weren't all watching the football with you were they?
There are a number of really excellent people down there, many of whom I am very glad to be able to call "friends". But as with us and all clubs, there is a bad element. Newport (as certain other clubs including us) have even gone as far as publicly stating that they are trying to clean up their act by getting rid of those who give their club a bad name. There is as big a percentage of prats at Newport as there are up here or in any other club, so accept that they aren't ALL true and great supporters. I've talked to some of them when they were beaten, it wan't nice. So the sooner you lose any ideas that they are just so wonderful and can do nothing wrong and also accept the fact that not everyone likes them, the better. Fact of life, no matter what club you follow, there are brain deads there as well as the sensibe people.
You will find some really good people down there (if you haven't already met them). Sorcerer, Hermann & Big Mac, BaBa, Pawl, Dillon, Jon (admin) and a plenty of others. But if you think we are one eyed, there is an elemet that resides down there that should have shares in an eye patch shop.
RhysJervis wrote:Dont start on your "I've been a supporter for 300 years cr*p", because frankly i dont give a damn.
This is one of the things I've been delicately trying to get across to you. The fact that you don't care about what other people say or think makes people take an instant dislike to you. Your whole attitude makes you an easy target for winding up or debating with. You have proved that you don't read the posts (or even the names sometimes) properly. How can you expect to be taken seriously?
RhysJervis wrote:Also, even though Newport are struggling for money at the moment, they dont try to rip us off on the price of the tickets.
At last, Rhys says something sensible that we can all agree on (not bad after 5 days).
Firstly, Newport's finances are of no concern to me or (I think you'll find - but ask them to make sure I'm right) anyone else on this board. Although where you get the idea that it's "poor old Newport" I'll never know. But, secondly, we ALL agree that the prices are way too high.
The prices should be capped in this league.
£5 adult field
£7 adult stand
Under 16's - free entry with paying adult
OAPs - Free entry.
That goes for all gounds.
Graham

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:
Now that's what I call "Justice".
Doesnt suit you old man
Nah, you are right and I admit I shouldn't have posted it. I lowered my standards for a moment then.

You are right about the "old" bit. I'm 42, but today I feel 80.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Sorcerer, Hermann & Big Mac, BaBa, Pawl, Dillon, Jon (admin)
Well i had a warm welcome off Sorcerer on the Newport forum, and i've talked to Jon a few times before. But i am also good friend with Angela (aka Goffey#1fan)
...GARN RFC...
Seisyll ap Dyfnwal

Post by Seisyll ap Dyfnwal »

RhysJervis wrote:
Sorcerer, Hermann & Big Mac, BaBa, Pawl, Dillon, Jon (admin)
Well i had a warm welcome off Sorcerer on the Newport forum, and i've talked to Jon a few times before. But i am also good friend with Angela (aka Goffey#1fan)
I wonder if Graham, String or I would have such a warm welcome? I have tried to debate the regional issue with Hermann, who strikes me as a reasonable type of guy - usually. But every time, he just eulogises Tony Brown and demonises Marcus Russell. It's a total waste of time. :cry: