Interesting topic

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

RhysJervis

Interesting topic

Post by RhysJervis »

http://www.scumv.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8592&start=0

Interesting conversation on there, how many of you would travel to see the Dragons if the Newport-Gwent were dropped from the name on everything? No ifs or buts, yes or no?
...GARN RFC...
Graham

Re: Interesting topic

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:http://www.scumv.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8592&start=0

Interesting conversation on there, how many of you would travel to see the Dragons if the Newport-Gwent were dropped from the name on everything? No ifs or buts, yes or no?
Yes.
piglet

Post by piglet »

Frankly removal of "Newport" is a minor matter. If they consider joint ownership, proper controlled management with the removal of those who responsible for the annexation by Newport of the region originally, the provision of players across the region and the distribution of games around the region then we I MAY in time consider it.
I know that is not "yes or no" bit I am being consistent and do feel very strongly about this issue
Graham

Post by Graham »

piglet wrote:Frankly removal of "Newport" is a minor matter. If they consider joint ownership, proper controlled management with the removal of those who responsible for the annexation by Newport of the region originally, the provision of players across the region and the distribution of games around the region then we I MAY in time consider it.
I know that is not "yes or no" bit I am being consistent and do feel very strongly about this issue
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent reply piglet, I had to almost break my fingers to keep myself from typing more than one word (not in my nature see). I like and agree with what you say, but I reckon that removing the name completely would be a start, and any "good will" from either side is a good starting point. Not that it will ever happen of course. It will either become Newport standalone (officially) or it will colapse.
crusader

Dave Parade

Post by crusader »

Best line out of all the usual wittering on the scrum v "chat" site (read "blinkeredly defend your own position" site) is the renaming of the Dragons ground. In honour of Only Fools & Horses, I give you Dave Parade.
Audi Diesel

Question and answer

Post by Audi Diesel »

Answer: if the name changed, I would attend some matches at least. Infinitely more than I attend at present.

Now a question for the Rodney Parade Fans. If a match was played at Pontypool and Ebbw Vale annually, how many of you would follow the Dragons at these venues?
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Most i should imagine!
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

RhysJervis wrote:Most i should imagine!
That appears not to be the case reading the dragons forum itself with most of them stating they definately wont watch if its not played in newport.
DaiC

Post by DaiC »

That appears not to be the case reading the dragons forum itself with most of them stating they definately wont watch if its not played in newport.[/quote]

Dragons Forum? Are you referring to the dragons section of the talknewport forum? If yes, then you are indeed unlikely to find many in favour.
is steve going?

Post by is steve going? »

piglet wrote:Frankly removal of "Newport" is a minor matter. If they consider joint ownership, proper controlled management with the removal of those who responsible for the annexation by Newport of the region originally, the provision of players across the region and the distribution of games around the region then we I MAY in time consider it.
I'm with Piglet on this one, so i'm going to sit on the fence and watch what happens. :)
Dil

Post by Dil »

I prefer the Blues.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Dil wrote:I prefer the Blues.
You might well have 'em if we keep losing. :wink:

Seriously though, as far as I'm concerned regarding our alleged region, apathy rules.