England v Wales

Cymru Am Byth ('nuff said)

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Graham

England v Wales

Post by Graham »

I don't often post in this section of the forum, but I'd just like to say how embarrassing Wales were. Hopefully they can play a bit better for the rest of the competition and avoid a wooden spoon, which after last years GS win would be even more embarrassing.

Do the words "false dawn" come to mind again?
CK

Post by CK »

Embarrasing!!!??
You have got to be having a laugh haven't you??

I can think of many things that are embarrasing in the world but lets not get personal.

On saturday you had 22 players trying as hard as they could against the best team in the Northern Hemisphere in their own patch.

Wales had 5 or 6 certain starters out through various things and apart from 20 mins or so held them pretty even.

I can see why you don't post on here often. You, my friend, are completely full of Cr**p.
Stick to doing nothing and keep mumbling on about whats wrong around you. You will die sad and alone I think.

Sorry if it sounds harsh but tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OBPRS
Graham

Post by Graham »

Firstly (so that we are on a more even footing), my suspicion is that your surname begins with J (am I right?).

I had been considering changing the wording as I had been reading it and thinking that embarrassing may be a bit strong especially for the few moments of the match that a couple of Welsh players came out with a little bit of credit. But I didn't get round to it soon enough. So let's continue as it is for now.
CK wrote:You have got to be having a laugh haven't you??
No I'm not amused by it in the least. Why do you imagine for one second that I would think it funny? Wales were lucky to come second and that is tragic. Not a laughing matter in the least.
CK wrote:I can think of many things that are embarrasing in the world but lets not get personal.
Something you are incapable of doing as the rest of your post will clearly indicate to all those who read it (and as you have done so often in the past - let us not forget that you have a history of this when replying to me).
CK wrote:On saturday you had 22 players trying as hard as they could against the best team in the Northern Hemisphere
Indicate in my post where I say that they weren't trying their best. I look forward to reading that reply.

The embarrassment factor comes into very few parts of it and I have been thinking about what to change it to, but it is there for all to see now. Certain players should be embarrassed about their interviews during the lead up. They should keep their mouths shut instead of talking themselves up for one thing. I think that you go out there to play your best and win, but don't tell the press how great you are or that you are going to win. These interviews are ridiculous and some players shouldn't be allowed within a mile of a reporter. Show you are positive and that you are going to do your best, but don't tell them how great you are and that you are going to win, you will end up being embarrassed when you are proved wrong on both accounts.
Ian Gough......."We'll be looking to knock lumps out of one another, you've got to respect them, but me and Sid (Gough's partner Robert Sidoli) are pretty formidable, too". Gough and Sidoli formidable? Not even in the Celtic League.
The only ones that I read any sense off were Hal Luscombe and Mike Ruddock. But even Ruddock must have had a lapse of concentration or something when he said "we are quite relaxed about the whole thing and I'm very confident". There are more examples of this sort of thing if you check the archives. Much of the game was painful to watch and Wales were a pretty poor second and singing their own praises came back to haunt them.
A pretty embarrassing thing was also when last season's player of the championship and allegedly one of Wales best players and on field leaders got yellow carded for a stupid and blatant offence. Also embarrassing. Jonathan Davies will never forgive him.
CK wrote:..... in their own patch.
Do you think it would have made any difference if we played it at Cardiff? If the answer is yes, you are clearly deluded.
CK wrote:Wales had 5 or 6 certain starters out through various things and apart from 20 mins or so held them pretty even.
Get real mun, there was only one result from the first whistle to the final whistle. If you think Wales held them "pretty even" for an hour of the match, you really need to open that other eye. Out-classed, out-played, out-thought and out-muscled by a team that wanted the win a damn sight more than we did. Can you disagree with that last bit? Perhaps the statement in my original thread would have been better off (and closer to the truth) reading "only just beaten by a country mile" (a lot more accurate). Even you couldn't have argued with that (oh I don't know though).

It would have been nice if Wales had a full strength squad, but the lack of strength in depth is yet another problem that Wales have. However, I sincerely doubt that Wales would have made much more of an impression on England even with a full squad to choose from.
CK wrote:I can see why you don't post on here often. You, my friend, are completely full of Cr**p.
Oh dear, see what I mean by the second point I made?
CK wrote:Stick to doing nothing and keep mumbling on about whats wrong around you.
Whoops, there you go again getting your facts wrong and making assumptions about things and people you clearly have no knowledge of. Go on, point out all the negative postings that I make on the forum. I'm sure you can fill a ream of paper with all the negatives I post if you try. Also longing to read your reply to this bit.
CK wrote:You will die sad and alone I think.
Oh not again mun. You just can't help yourself can you?
Audi Diesel

England match

Post by Audi Diesel »

Don't agree that it was embarassing and no false dawn either. Last year, we conquered and each campaign is an end in itself. Do agree that England were far too strong and at home are very formitable. Not our first team, but even if we had the very best outfit, we would have struggled to keep in touch.

However, these remarks are my point of view. Graham gave us his point of view. The previous messenger gave us his point of view. There is NO need to get personal.
Graham

Re: England match

Post by Graham »

Audi Diesel wrote:Don't agree that it was embarassing and no false dawn either.
As I said in my last post it was too strong a term about the game in general and I should have used a better word, and I should have changed it earlier, but cest la vie as the Welsh say. I certainly hope it isn't yet another false dawn as we had enough of those. Hopefully Ruddock and co will put things right and concentrate on winning the rest of the games.
Audi Diesel wrote:Last year, we conquered and each campaign is an end in itself.
And fair play, it was blydi wonderful 8)
Audi Diesel wrote:Do agree that England were far too strong and at home are very formidable. Not our first team, but even if we had the very best outfit, we would have struggled to keep in touch.
Absolutely.
Audi Diesel wrote:However, these remarks are my point of view. Graham gave us his point of view. The previous messenger gave us his point of view. There is NO need to get personal.
Don't worry AD, this one has a bit of a history of throwing this sort of stuff at me. I've already received three mails from forum readers, one of which simply says "he's at it again" and a link to the thread.

We'll just carry on with business as usual. I simply give my replies and then wait for some well reasoned responses.
String

Post by String »

I still havent forgiven the players for the gang-of-six strike threats. Therefore i wasnt in the slightest bit annoyed england thrashed them :)
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:I still havent forgiven the players for the gang-of-six strike threats. Therefore i wasnt in the slightest bit annoyed england thrashed them :)
That was the ransom thingie wasn't it?
String

Post by String »

Graham wrote: That was the ransom thingie wasn't it?
That was when the internationals staged a strike threat just prior to Wales v England demanding more money and only 6 self appointed elite clubs chosen by themselves. My view on that is those players were quite happy to turn their back on their country to boost their wallets so i cant see how those same players now represent "wales".

(same incident as the tony brown lockout)

Until all the players and officials that were involved in the blackmail attempt are out of the national setup i refuse to support it.

The sad thing is, they just about got their wish except it was 5 clubs that were set up instead of 6 but the same stand alone ones they demanded (with the exception of ospreys).
CK

Post by CK »

Graham,

However you want to look at it (people telling you he's at it again,etc!!) I think you were totally wrong calling Wales embarrasing.

You can dress my comments up as anything you like but I have never said anything on this forum that isn't the truth in my eyes ( and a lot of other peoples eyes as well.)

Your particular post on here regarding Wales was totally over the top and complete rubbish (my opinion)and even if you were going to post a different one (a bit less damning) you hadn't done so when I posted!!

I am sorry you take everything so personal. Thats your problem not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to have a group of people that circle the wagons everytime someone especially me) disagrees with you and, I'm sorry for saying it again, tells the truth regarding you.
THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME WRONG AND YOU RIGHT!!

I am sure you are an intelligent man so you think about it. I'll just await the talk down from such a knowledgable man.
OBPRS
Hay Rarris

Post by Hay Rarris »

I have to slightly agree with Graham on this one...and i think what he meant was this. What was apparent over the weekend after having watched all the games was the way that Wales dropped their heads and threw the towel in.. The Italians...and the Scots...both played with an agression and a willingness to put their bodies on the line for a full 80. The Welsh tema did not....and if we harp back to the money issue....the welsh team are one of the best...if not the best paid team in the world. Every player is on more money than the Italians and Scots! Yet...they played for their country with a passion that money cant buy.....professionalism isnt only about the money.
CK

Post by CK »

Point taken!!

Nuff said!!
OBPRS
Graham

Post by Graham »

Hay Rarris wrote:I have to slightly agree with Graham on this one...and i think what he meant was this. What was apparent over the weekend after having watched all the games was the way that Wales dropped their heads and threw the towel in.. The Italians...and the Scots...both played with an agression and a willingness to put their bodies on the line for a full 80. The Welsh tema did not....and if we harp back to the money issue....the welsh team are one of the best...if not the best paid team in the world. Every player is on more money than the Italians and Scots! Yet...they played for their country with a passion that money cant buy.....professionalism isnt only about the money.
Couldn't have put it better myself Mr Rarris (and I didn't, which proves it).

PS thanks for the mail about those dual registered boys.
Last edited by Graham on 09 Feb 2006 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Graham

Post by Graham »

CK wrote:Graham,

However you want to look at it (people telling you he's at it again,etc!!) I think you were totally wrong calling Wales embarrasing.
Your particular post on here regarding Wales was totally over the top and complete rubbish (my opinion)and even if you were going to post a different one (a bit less damning) you hadn't done so when I posted!![/
I've already posted about that and have said that I should have changed it, but it is already there now.
CK wrote:You can dress my comments up as anything you like but I have never said anything on this forum that isn't the truth in my eyes ( and a lot of other peoples eyes as well.)
I don't need to dress your comments up as anything. They are there for everyone to see for exactly what they are, personal and abusive, and while you are saying that these others have the same opinion of me, you appear to be the only one that posts this sort of stuff. Many people disagree with me on the content of my posts, which they are welcome to do as this is a forum for debating the issues of our club etc. but they all seem capable of disagreeing with me without getting personal. However if you take another look at your initial post you will see personal and abusive stuff. If you are incapable of debating or expressing your opinion on the issues I post without resorting to that sort of stuff, perhaps you would be better off staying away from those posts. I enjoy a good debate as much as the next person and am always prepared to either back up my points or equally accept that what I post is not right (as I did with the word embarrassing). This is what the forum is for.
CK wrote:I am sorry you take everything so personal. Thats your problem not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually it IS your problem. Your seem to be very much in the minority of people who can't seem to resist personal comments and insults on my posts (since the demise of the insider who posted on the old board). That is not what the forum is for. I have no problem with debating the issues brought up on the board with anyone who disagrees or agrees with me, and when found wrong I am capable of saying so. That's what debating is. What you have done here once again is just pointless personal abuse.
CK wrote:You seem to have a group of people that circle the wagons everytime someone especially me) disagrees with you and, I'm sorry for saying it again, tells the truth regarding you.
Have you actually considered for one minute that some of these people, who as you say "circle the wagons", actually read the comments and agree with what was posted? Or maybe that some of these people also agree that the personal comments or abuse are not needed?
CK wrote:THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME WRONG AND YOU RIGHT!!.
I don't have a problem with your posts or points on the subjects being debated. But what does make you wrong is replying to posts with personal comments or insults.

We all have a little dig at each other now and again, but most people seem to know where to draw the line. Now be a good chap and knock the personal stuff on the head. I'm not expecting you to buy me a pint in the club or anything like that, just to be aware when you are getting close to the line when posting.
CK

Post by CK »

Are you different to players, other fans and the Ref then??

You are renowned for being one of the most obnoxious fans Ebbw Vale has ever had.

Deny it and call me a liar but you are far more scating with your insults and personal abuse on a match day than I could ever be on a monitored forum such as this.
Is the differnce the fact that you are the victim this time or that you only do it on a Saturday??!!

I know you Graham and the type of fan you are. That is why I no longer stand anywhere near you when I go to EXP on a match day.

Anyway, enough is enough. So ends this debate from my point of view.

I only ever really wanted to say I think you're wrong calling OUR countries' Rugby team embarrasing. You have put all this straight now so thats that.
OBPRS
The ref

Post by The ref »

Can we calm this down as its getting a bit personal ?

Everyone is quite entitled to say whatever they want about the rugby team and so on but lets leave it at that and not get personal.

I dont really want to lock or remove this thread but lets keep it civil.