Ruddock resigns

Cymru Am Byth ('nuff said)

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:WRU "severe headache"

BBC news tonight reported "Alfie thought he'd suffered a heart attack"

Odd conflict of stories there.
I've heard of not knowing your bum (polite version) from your elbow, but surely that is taking it to a whole new level.
Beefy

Um..

Post by Beefy »

Seems like a very serious incident occured. Artery problems, pains down one side, severe headache, blurred vision....poor Alfie.

Wouldn't wish that on Steve Lewis!
"One swallow doesn't make a summer" K.Jones circa. 1998/99
Graham

Re: Um..

Post by Graham »

Beefy wrote:Seems like a very serious incident occured. Artery problems, pains down one side, severe headache, blurred vision....poor Alfie.
Got to have sympathy with anyone who has that. I'm quite surprised that they reckon it's only between 10 and 12 weeks before he's back training again though. I'm no doctor, but I'd have thought it sounded more serious than 10 weeks out.
Raffles

Post by Raffles »

Not surprised really. Thought he was going to blow a gasket on Scrum V on Sunday! :lol:
String

Post by String »

I wonder if its the last time he plays for Wales.

Im more convinced than ever about him and a few other players conspiring with Lewis to force Ruddock out.

Its an incredibly convenient time to pick up this injury too.
Paris

Post by Paris »

Nice little piece in todays Western Mail by Phillippa Davies who argues
'You can stay a part of the crowd or you can face humilation and being ostracised by running ahead of the pack.'

We've all been talking, and what we think about you is..." How paranoia-inducing and isolating it is to hear this? And whatever the cause of his dismissal, there is no doubt that Mike Ruddock must have been experiencing some of these feelings recently.

So is this a case of Welsh self-immolation, similar to the Shia muslims bashing themselves bloodfully on their heads in order to prove their devotion? Is the WRU bent on self-sabotage here? Is it rocking the boat to shoot themselves in the foot?

Being "right", knowing the exclusive truth and having the absolutely correct answer all induce self-sabotage. Suicide bombers do what they do, because being "right" is more important than living.

I could not believe the naivety of the WRU spokesman who said on TV, "I'm not aware of player power. Mike's never talked to me about player power."

Well, wake up and smell the testosterone, matey. Because those representing rugby stars - who are wrestling with sponsorship offers, high personal profiles and individual personal gain versus their team identity - will understand all about power. And management? This is mostly about power, too. Who wants it, who's got it and how it is exercised.

This is what this is all about, really. Individuals pursuing their own needs and beliefs, versus what is seen as the collective good of the group. It's that perennial meaning-of-life question: how much should I act as an individual, and how much should I merge my identity with others?

But there's more to life than rugby and WRU committees. Let's consider groups of civil servants, or politicians. On the whole, such groups tend to be conservative, resistant to change and intolerant of those who are determinedly individualistic.

Such groups can hold huge amounts of unconscious jealousy. How dare that coach get all the glory and be singled out as a miracle-worker, when we are working our butts off behind the scenes!

And to unconsciously preserve face, such groups can act to ensure failure and avoid the blame. "Hey, whoops! If we do badly in the Six Nations now, we can blame it all on the Ruddock incident..." The individual becomes the fall-guy. We are a small country which can breed small minds. We need to cherish, respect and learn from brave and dynamic individuals like Mike Ruddock. Not fear them for sticking their necks out.

I believe in democracy and fettered capitalism as the most powerful forces for advancing civilisation. I sometimes think I am living in a country where the priorities are committees, constitutions, dramatised and mindless political correctness and the protection and advancement of civil service careers.

Bureaucracy and risk-aversion are all about "being right." Those who dare, cock up, lose face and learn from their mistakes. And then they win.
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

Sorry chaps to differ but..

1 - you need a brain (or at least grey matter) to suffer a migraine, and
2 - A heart attack? Again, you need.. :shock: :wink:

My point - he seems to have had a go at a Valley boy [Mike] so on that basis - tough titty Bridgend boy. :twisted:

"..broke my thumb.." AND.??

"..no more important than any other individual.." - sorry, but you is CAPTAIN. That makes you responsible on the park.

I could go on but my side is aching from listening from the pratt lecturing to Eddie. :P
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
String

Post by String »

Ruddock threatening to sue for "constructive dismissal" is interesting. That alone could hint that player power or some other behind the scenes plan.
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:Ruddock threatening to sue for "constructive dismissal" is interesting. That alone could hint that player power or some other behind the scenes plan.
I think Mike should have used the word "skullduggery". I just love that word and it isn't used enough these days.
Beefy

S..t for BRAINS

Post by Beefy »

Anyone seen that doctored Brains email going around with SL's face and the words as in the subject above?

Awesome!!!

I'll email it if you want it!
"One swallow doesn't make a summer" K.Jones circa. 1998/99
CJ

Brains

Post by CJ »

Yes please. I'll have it
CODLING AND HORGAN, GONNA DO THE JOB!!
is steve going?

Post by is steve going? »

I'll have it too, please Beefy.
String

Post by String »

Post/attach it to a post on here if its a graphic.
String

Re: S..t for BRAINS

Post by String »

Beefy wrote:Anyone seen that doctored Brains email going around with SL's face and the words as in the subject above?
The picture Beefy is trying to attach:

String

Post by String »

....and heres another: