Competition for Next Season

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Graham

Competition for Next Season

Post by Graham »

Can some of you give me some feed back on an Idea? :idea:

When I worked in Pontypool (Trico), I used to run a weekly prediction competition. Everyone had to predict that week's league results (win. lose or draw - not exact score lines). Whoever had the most correct predictions took the weekly pot. There were only a few quid in the pot as there were only about 10 of us in the warehouse doing it. In the result of more than one person having the top score for the week, they would split the money.

With a long and arduous season ahead of us next season (assuming we are in the premier division), I thought that something similar would be a good idea for the Ebbw faithful who post here to give a bit more interest to the season. Perhaps it should be a season-long thing rather than messing about with finding the winner each week to give him a couple of quid. Even if it were only £2 for the season, if we had 30 entries, that little pot would pay for the following season's season ticket (or a free night on the beer), or maybe a new jersey (and enough left for a few pints). Of course, if it were me, I'd give it straight to the wife. :lol:

I used to keep track with my trusty notepad and pen, but with these new fangled umpooters, I'm sure some clever so and so would be able to draw up a simple system for entering the weeks totals in.

I'm only looking for ideas/feedback. Anyone got any thoughts on it? :idea:
String

Post by String »

The only problem with the premiership devalued as it is now is mainly that the squads arent predictable from one game to the next. For example llanelli or newport may play all the pros they can get away with next week against one team and none the next and so on.
Add that to the superclubs pillaging the better players from other clubs whenever it suits them and theres no real indicator of form as the thing changes week in week out.