Ospreys v Dragqueens. FRI 18 Mar 2005 at St Helens 19:05

Anything regional, again there are limits

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

DfE

Ospreys v Dragqueens. FRI 18 Mar 2005 at St Helens 19:05

Post by DfE »

Anyone fancy going to see this game ?. Would be great if Milo would arrange a bus if theres enuff interest.
See who wheres wot shirt from Ebbw. I'll be wearing my Ospreys shirt :twisted:
String

Post by String »

I'll be hoping the ospreys win but no chance im ever going to it.

Neither of those clubs have anything to do with me, the only deciding factor is the one is n*****t so hope they lose!
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Absoleutly great!

Get a bus running to regional matches! Theres loads of potential interest in Ebbw Vale, even if it is the Ospreys!

Me and a few (5 or 6) mates are interested.
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

There is zero interest in watching the dragqueens superclub and very very limited to watch any of the sides. Taxi would suffice. A bus would lose money.

Surely the sides in question should run buses not clubs not connected with them.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Zero interest within the die hard Ebbw fans, but you cant say theres zero interest in the whole of Ebbw Vale!

See what interest you get. Put a few posters around, announce in at the Ebbw match and i would put money on it that you'd get a full bus.

I wouldnt mind if you charged double what you should! Just get these busses running.
Surely the sides in question should run buses not clubs not connected with them.
They do Whitcombe, but the trouble is some people (like me!) have GREAT difficulty getting to Newport for evening matches, so it would be handy for Ebbw to run one, i could run up from Eugene then.
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

RhysJervis wrote:Zero interest within the die hard Ebbw fans, but you cant say theres zero interest in the whole of Ebbw Vale!
So where are these fans? They arent at ebbw vale games, they arent at newport games. What proof you have they exist.
See what interest you get. Put a few posters around, announce in at the Ebbw match and i would put money on it that you'd get a full bus.
Full mini maybe. Why should any supporters club unconnected run a trip for a rival club ? Makes no sense and ive seen nothing at all to suggest the interest is there.
They do Whitcombe, but the trouble is some people (like me!) have GREAT difficulty getting to Newport for evening matches, so it would be handy for Ebbw to run one, i could run up from Eugene then.
Why should ebbw vale run a supporters trip in aid of newport?! If they want the fans they should run their own bus. If the interest is there in an area to make it economical then theyd run one. There is no interest, there are no buses for that reason. You are massively in the minority here.
Graham

Post by Graham »

RhysJervis wrote:See what interest you get. Put a few posters around, announce in at the Ebbw match and i would put money on it that you'd get a full bus.
Who would pay for the marketting? The Dragons? Call me cynical, but I doubt it.
String wrote:Surely the sides in question should run buses not clubs not connected with them.
RhysJervis wrote:They do Whitcombe, but the trouble is some people (like me!) have GREAT difficulty getting to Newport for evening matches, so it would be handy for Ebbw to run one, i could run up from Eugene then.
Do the Dragons run a bus service for the other clubs? That's the first I've heard of it. :shock:
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

No Gra, the Dragons run a bus for Dragons fans to away matches. As do Newport RFC.
Who would pay for the marketting? The Dragons? Call me cynical, but I doubt it.
How much would it cost for a black and white poster saying "Dragons vs Ospreys, call 01495 ****** to show your interest, so on and so on. A few quid at the most.

Its not in aid of the Dragons, its for the fans.
So where are these fans? They arent at ebbw vale games, they arent at newport games. What proof you have they exist.
Think of it, around 25,000 people live in and around Ebbw Vale. Surely we could get 50 people, yes, just 50 people to show interest. You would probably have people from Brynmawr, Tredegar, Abertillery showing interest also, as they have nothing against Newport.
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

RhysJervis wrote:
How much would it cost for a black and white poster saying "Dragons vs Ospreys, call 01495 ****** to show your interest, so on and so on. A few quid at the most.
So why dont you organise it? You seem to be the only one interested. Nobody else should have to pay for it.
Its not in aid of the Dragons, its for the fans.
So ask their supporters club not the EV one. Start by asking the right organisation and you may get somewhere.
Think of it, around 25,000 people live in and around Ebbw Vale. Surely we could get 50 people, yes, just 50 people to show interest. You would probably have people from Brynmawr, Tredegar, Abertillery showing interest also, as they have nothing against Newport.
Thats highly unlikely, after what newport have done to vallies fans you are unlikely to find any fan of any of those clubs interested in newport. The people that DONT go to those games arent really rugby fans and cant be counted for numbers anyway. Id be amazed if you found as many as 50 people anywhere in the gwent vallies greater area that had any affinity for newport at all. Over time all of those clubs have been abused in some way by newport.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Rhys wrote:No Gra, the Dragons run a bus for Dragons fans to away matches. As do Newport RFC.
Fair enough, my fault, I mis-read it.
Graham wrote:Who would pay for the marketing? The Dragons? Call me cynical, but I doubt it.
Rhys wrote:How much would it cost for a black and white poster saying "Dragons vs Ospreys, call 01495 ****** to show your interest, so on and so on. A few quid at the most.
They'd have to find someone to go around the area putting up the flyers first and I'm sure nobody in their right mind would spend their own time doing it for nothing.

But if it's only a couple of quid, surely Marinos (who allegedly wants it to become a real region) can put his hand in his pocket to pay someone to print them and put them up. It would show how serious he and his outfit are.
Nick

Post by Nick »

RhysJervis wrote: Think of it, around 25,000 people live in and around Ebbw Vale. Surely we could get 50 people, yes, just 50 people to show interest. You would probably have people from Brynmawr, Tredegar, Abertillery showing interest also, as they have nothing against Newport.
Where did you get the figure of 25,000 from? That's about 8,000 too many according to the last census figures, unless you're including Brynmawr, Nantyglo and Blaina in "around Ebbw Vale".

I wouldn't be too sure either that the good people who live elsewhere in Blaenau Gwent have nothing against Newport, when the current set up was implemented they too lost a first class Premiership club. Let's remember that support Ebbw Vale RFC didn't just come from Ebbw Vale.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Just a quick reply, i havent got much time.

Theres me and my 6 mates (who i asked today), my father and his girlfriend, DfE who started this thread (who lives in Tredegar by the way, so obviously there is support around) and his mate or family (doubt he wanted to go on his own. Thats at least 11 to start with. 1/5 of the amount needed and thats just off this board.

Not being rude, but i think you are seriously underestimating the ammount of support in and around Ebbw Vale. (String)
...GARN RFC...
DfE

Just to put the record straight.

Post by DfE »

I HATE THE DRAGQUEENS, EVERYTHING THEY STAND FOR AND WHAT THEY PUT FORWARD AS "GWENT" RUGBY.
I would rather support the turks ! I dont want to start regular buses from Ebbw as it would die a very quick death. I was suggesting a one off to see them get stuffed at home by a team (region) who have taken on board the regional rugby idea.
Rhys, please dont paint me as a dragqueen supporter. I find it rather a slur on my character...if thats possible ?
Pants & vest.
We'll be back!
Graham

Re: Just to put the record straight.

Post by Graham »

DfE wrote:Pants & vest.
I hope they were clean on? :oops: