Mother & Baby and Disabled Parking

As suggested in our Forums, here is the place to post all those non-rugby related issues

Moderators: The ref, Henry Crun

WoofBark

Mother & Baby and Disabled Parking

Post by WoofBark »

Am I the only one who finds this annoying?

I pulled into ASDA carpark in Dowlais. As I approached a Parents & Kids parking space, which I was hoping to pull in to, a girl about 20 pulled into it and just walked off. All she had with her was a bloody purse no bigger than a packet of crisps. This annoyed me because I have a 18 month old and a five year old. I, of course, gave her a stinking look and couldn't help but say " OY, WHERE'S YOU KIDS LOVE? IT'S A RESERVED FOR A FAMILY" She stuck her fingers up at me and smiled.
I complained to ASDA trolley staff who sympathised with me. When I came out of the shop later there was a trolley directly behind her car and one either side of her car doors? Strange? It wasn't me!!
I then went to the Customer Service desk who then announced over the tannoy for the owner to move its car. I drunk myself when she came out! You should have seen the look on her face.
Revenge is sweet!
What am I supposed to put in here?
Graham

Post by Graham »

I'm with you on this one fella. My mother can hardly walk and the only outings she gets these days, due to her condition, is an outing to Tesco to have a look around. When I see the brainless and thoughtless droppings (who are not entitled to park there) parked in the disabled bays and the only disabled spaces available are then right at the top, I realise just what sort of society we are living in..

I got sick of complaining to the people in Tesco as they simply don't want to know. I parked outside the doors one day so that my mother wouldn't have so far to walk. One of the boys on the door asked me to move the car and I explained to him why I wouldn't. I regularly see cars parked by the front of the store and very few are asked to move, and I also explained about disabled bays being occupied and my mothers’ condition. He still wanted me to move and I told him there was more chance of me growing hair. If they allow just anyone to park in disabled bays and fail to stop people parking their car bang outside the door and then disappearing into the store to do a 15 minute shop, what chance does he think there is of me moving?

He made the mistake of trying that attitude on with my father a few weeks ago. He put a call out for the owner the car to return and move it. BIG mistake, as my father holds the same beliefs that I do, but he isn't quite as subtle or polite as I am. He told the boy exactly what he thought of him and Tesco, then on top of it demanded to see the store manager (while still refusing to move the car). The scene made the door boy very embarrassed as he obviously didn't know how to handle someone who is very experienced in sticking up for his rights and capable of eloquently dissecting you in front of an audience.

The manager turned up and wasn't given the chance to get a word in edge ways (that blydi Davies family eh?). The manager was left almost speechless as he realised he didn't have a leg to stand on due to the stupid parking policy that they have (“a free for all” I think it’s called). If the spaces at the end of the car park nearest the store are occupied by non entitled brain-deads, we still park in front of store to make sure my mother doesn't have too far to walk, but they don't bother to say anything anymore as they know they are fighting a losing battle.

My suggestion is quite simple, "wheel clamps". You park somewhere you shouldn't and you get clamped and have to pay a £50 release fee. They would make a mint out of it and could put the money to good use. I doubt if many people would park where they shouldn't more than once if they had to pay £50 for the privilege.
piglet

Post by piglet »

ASBO's for anyone doing this in my opinion. :evil:
Graham

Post by Graham »

These spaces are set aside and marked for the use of "mother and children" (I think that's the term isn't it?) and disabled people (blue badge holders), anyone else should be clamped. They obviously don't give a s**t for anyone but themslves, so let's see how they like having to pay £50 for using other peoples spaces.

1st offence - Wheel clamp with a £50 release fee.
2nd Offence - The car is sold and the profits go to Ebbw Vale RFC. :lol:

It's to the shame of Tesco, Morrisons and Asda that they haven't got the guts to use clamps.
CK

Post by CK »

Totally agree with you on this Graham. A women who can hardly work should obviousley be allowed easier access to the store than an able bodied person. Common sense.

People who aren't disabled (or hold disability badges) should park in the other supplied zones in the car park.
I mean the furthest you would have to walk is around 20/30 yds.

The trouble is that it goes on everywhere and how do you stop it.

Just like people who claim the disability badges and benefits in the first place and they are no more sick or disabled than you or I.
These people are also taking up parking spaces they do not deserve.

What can you do??!!
I guess God will sort it all out one day and they will all get what they deserve!!!!!!!!!!
OBPRS
Graham

Post by Graham »

CK wrote:The trouble is that it goes on everywhere and how do you stop it.
That's the trouble. Now and again you see a traffic warden in town asking people to move on and that is fair enough, but as these big companies are not answerable to anyone but themselves, how do you get them to listen to the customers?
CK wrote:I guess God will sort it all out one day and they will all get what they deserve!!!!!!!!!!
I've had a word with him and he says to expect a lot of rain for the next fourty days and fourty nights (particularly around Tesco). :lol:

This parking issue is a pain in the bum I know, but I suppose it isn't as dangerous as the fools who put peoples lives in danger by driving around while chatting away on the phone in their own little world. These people should be prosecuted.
Dil

Post by Dil »

Saw one of the staff pulling out of a disabled parking space at ASDA Brynmawr this evening as we were driving out and I know for a fact there is sod all wrong with her besides being a selfish cow.

Another one for the firing squad come the revolution !
Graham

Post by Graham »

Dil wrote:Saw one of the staff pulling out of a disabled parking space at ASDA Brynmawr this evening as we were driving out and I know for a fact there is sod all wrong with her besides being a selfish cow.

Another one for the firing squad come the revolution !
Exactly the same thing happens regularly in Nevill Hall Hospital car park too. Around by the Llanwenarth Suite at the side of the hospital, where both my wife and I have to go regularly, there are about five spaces set aside which are always occupied. Upon complaining to several of the people who work there (including one of the guys who patrols the main car park), I was told that it is the hospital staff that use the bays because they don't want to walk from the main car park at the front of the hospital. They park there first thing on the morning and occupy the spaces until home time.

If it's happening in a hospital surely there is no hope.
WoofBark

Post by WoofBark »

This is a personal hate of mine. I am glad I am not the only one who this upsets. My wife is always laughing at me whenever I go shopping (not that I like shopping anyway...no,really, I don't). She thinks that "On foot in the grave" was based on our marriage.
:lol:

ps Graham.I didn't know you were Married? You WERE a batchelor boy fighting off the women!! :wink:
What am I supposed to put in here?
Graham

Post by Graham »

WoofBark wrote:I didn't know you were Married? You WERE a batchelor boy fighting off the women!! :wink:
Nah, you've got that the wrong way around fella, women always used to hit me with sticks to keep me away. :lol: :lol:

Met the missus 9 years ago and she had a huge impact on me. We got married in June 2000 and we haven't looked back once. We couldn't be happier.