Silent Valley

As suggested in our Forums, here is the place to post all those non-rugby related issues

Moderators: The ref, Henry Crun

Beefy

Silent Valley

Post by Beefy »

Due to my concern that this site wasn't going to have a post today I thought I'd let you know how excellent the Silent Vally nature reserve open day (Woodfest) thing was today. What a gem right on our doorstep and the girls were happy because Iolo was there! Secretly I must admit he was a top guy, time for everyone and all for free. Search for Gwent Wildlife Trust and join up....money well spent (almost as good as an EVRFC season ticket!).
"One swallow doesn't make a summer" K.Jones circa. 1998/99
Graham

Post by Graham »

Who is Iolo?
Beefy

Post by Beefy »

Seisyll ap Dyfnwal

Post by Seisyll ap Dyfnwal »

Graham wrote:Who is Iolo?
Iolo Williams - the North Walian equivalent of Bill Oddy, who the ladies find particuarly attractive (Iolo that is not Bill!)

Seriously though, what has happened to the Silent Valley, or Cwm Merddog, to give it its official title? I remember running up there on an early, clear August morning, in the mid seventies, and was greeted by what can only be described as a lunar landscape. Have the tips been completely cleared by now?
Beefy

Post by Beefy »

Tips have not been cleared but left to nature and it's amazing what will actually grow on them.
Iolo's Mid-Walian I believe.