Crosskeys

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

afan

Crosskeys

Post by afan »

Anybody know the team for tomorrow. This is now a must win game all though I think we are safe 6 more points will gaurnatee it :o
CJ

Team

Post by CJ »

Was hard to tell in training last night but this is what we could make out, and what i can remember

w.couldnt see
f/b.couldnt see, but macka went early while the starting team were still
running through moves
w.kris
c.Hawker
c.Dan
o/h.Byron
s/h. r.jones

p.Lyn
h.One of the 2 on loan. blackwood or brynmawr boy
p.Burns
s/r.Gazza
s/r. couldnt see
b/r. no idea

Not much help i know. sorry
Malpas69

Where's Jason Williams

Post by Malpas69 »

Why is Byron playing O/H ... where is Jason Williams ... ??
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Graham

Re: Where's Jason Williams

Post by Graham »

Malpas69 wrote:Why is Byron playing O/H ... where is Jason Williams ... ??
Apparantly, he hurt his elbow against Aberavon. They said he should have come off (but for reasons we don't know, he didn't) and as a result of that injury we might now be missing him for the matches that we would be targetting as potential wins.
String

Post by String »

Worthwhile risk i think, he got a try and very nearly helped us win the match. Aberavon was a game we could and should have won except for some odd refereeing.

I really dont think byron has what it takes these days at outside half. We seem far more ponderous and line kicking isnt as great with him there so i can see why we try to play jason first. It was a gamble that nearly paid off for us.

Cross keys is going to be a very tough game. They beat us before xmas ending our winning run in by all accounts a bad tempered game. They'll be up here, flying high in the league and confident. Weather looks like rain which due to our issues in the pack isnt going to suit us - we're up against it.

3 more wins would guarantee us safety - its all in our hands this year for a change. Even one win would go a huge way as that calculation relies on Caerphilly winning all of their matches. If they slip up once and we win one then we'll only need a draw (due to our inferior try count).

Im not too nervous purely as i cant see Caerphilly winning all their remaining games - 2 losses for them and its all over.
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:Cross keys is going to be a very tough game. They beat us before xmas ending our winning run in by all accounts a bad tempered game. They'll be up here, flying high in the league and confident. Weather looks like rain which due to our issues in the pack isnt going to suit us - we're up against it.
Should have been "They beat us UP before xmas". Any other ref in the league would have given Hudd a yellow card with the first 15 minutes and a second before half time. He was puching anything in an Ebbw jersey.

Still, we all know and accept that they are a damn good team and very powerful up front. We definately have our work cut out tomorrow.
Milo

Post by Milo »

Chatting to the keys's physio last friday, he reckons they got stacks of injury's especially in the back row. Rhys W, Ben W, Tyron, all out on long term and Will T and Mr Hudd very doubtfull for wed's. Could be all talk and wind ups but he seemed pretty concerned about their mountain of injuries. Still....when has that ever helped us eh!!!!
A bad days fishing is better than a great day in work!

http://iainswansonangling.weebly.com/
Graham

Post by Graham »

I reckon we can match them in the back row, it's the front 5 that worries me as Cross Keys are usually formidable there.
:cry:
Graham

Post by Graham »

I hope it's on tonight. We've had a lot of rain. :?