Ebbw Vale v Cross Keys Scores

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Henry Crun

Ebbw Vale v Cross Keys Scores

Post by Henry Crun »

Could anyone who has access to someone at the match please post updates on the score if possible. This will be appreciated by the people who can't be there.
Last edited by Henry Crun on 16 Mar 2005 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
"Chickens can't see where they're going in the fog. Unless it's a fog chicken, and there's no such thing as a fog chicken".
String

Post by String »

Well im off to the match with a mobile but is there going to be anyone on here who isnt going to make it worth while trying to send scores?
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:Well im off to the match with a mobile but is there going to be anyone on here who isnt going to make it worth while trying to send scores?
Any Volunteers?
CJ

Pass

Post by CJ »

I think i'll pass on that offer. fianly able to make it to a game (all be it 20 minutes late) so am not gonna stay away to post scores.

Its horrible. done it before, you know every time some1 score, but u cant see anything or shout the noys on
CODLING AND HORGAN, GONNA DO THE JOB!!
String

Post by String »

Thats the spirit. The more people on this evil looking night weather wise the better.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Too late now i know, but my Garn training was cut short because of the pitch, so i could have done it.
...GARN RFC...
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

Sorry kids, late from work so couldn't make it tonight.

The BBC website (eventually updated itself) said 20 - 24 (L) with 5 - 24 half time.

Sounds like a good comeback but we blew it before half time.

Any constructive thoughts on the game would be most welcome..

:cry:
Dil

Post by Dil »

Blew it before half time just about sums it up ... three of our pack strolling around on the opposite side of the pitch to where Keys scored a try with the only player near them being treated for an injury !
Graham

Post by Graham »

I am very angry for a couple of reasons at the moment, so I'll leave my post about the match until I calm down tomorrow.

:x :twisted:
String

Post by String »

Ive tried to calm down but cant. That imbecile of a referee.

From the beginning, Cross keys scored in the first minute after some shocking defending of a kick off.

The next 10-15 minutes we had all the ball and camped in their 22 but were utterly unable to turn pressure into points. Lost a few of our own lineouts, knocked on after a scrum V attacking and it was lost. Cross keys then exposed some very poor defending and ran up a large lead.

All through the lineout was poor.

The last 10-15 minutes of the game again camped near on their line and again utterly unable to turn pressure into points. A few things, Byrons awful goal kicking cost us dearly, 2 of which were near in front of the posts. The decision to go for 3 after a penalty on their try line may have ultimately left us with too much to do.

HOWEVER, the referee most definately cost that match. Firstly half theyre penalised 8 times for diving in and killing the ball... No cards. 5 more times in the second half....No cards.
Then out of nowhere we offend on halfway with nothing on, instant yellow card.

Following that a series of 4 penalties on their try line (and one very good call for a penalty try after a holding on isolated 1m out to prevent us carrying it over). Not once did the referee contemplate a yellow card despite last ditch cynical offences to stop the score. After ignoring constant infringing all match to fail to award a single yellow after deliberate fouls to prevent a try score was cynical. Absolutely abysmal refereeing and he made it quite clear he'd sanction keys' professional offences by not carding them. Despite this we got held up a few times and still SHOULD have scored if we were composed.

Other thoughts, the forwards competed better than expected but the lineout was all to pot yet again. We seemed to lack basic skills with some awful passing and even worse attempts to catch which often cost us good field position. Despite a load of pressure exerted we nearly always failed to capitalise on it, usually as a result of our own lack of basic skills and composure near the line.

Yet another very close game we probably should have won and a game where the official late on went a long way towards ensuring the result. Hasnt Fear done this to us before ?

Oh, why when on half time there was an ebbw player flat out on the floor not moving did the referee force play on around him (resulting in a keys score) and when the same happens in the second half to x-keys 8 despite him being 35m from play the ref stops play and we all have to wait for him to get better ?!
Graham

Post by Graham »

Credit where it's due mate, that is roughly what I would have said. The main difference being that your post is polite and at the moment mine would not have been.

The ref did not even speak to the Cross Keys players (or the captain). The long and short of it was that our own sloppy defending cost us 3 stupid trys in the first half, but in my opinion (and this is just my opinion and not that of Ebbw Vale RFC) the referee was a bloody cheat.

How can they expect us not to call him over when he is as blatantly bias as that. People may think of me what they want and berate me all they want, but it will not change my opinion that he was a damned cheat or at least 5 divisions out of his league. He is a disgrace to referees.
String

Post by String »

Im sorry but anyone deliberately holding on within inches of their own try line with 3 players trying to take the ball off him has to go, at the very minimum.
To repeat the offences 4 or 5 times and nobody goes is corrupt. There is no possible way the ref can argue those offences werent deliberate or cynical. When we had a player carded that was just the laughable final straw considering they hadnt even been warned for this. Im sure Fear has cheated us before. This time it was totally blatant.

EDIT:- Table updated. Especially for the cretin we had tonight it can be found at:

http://phil-fear-is-a-useless-cheat.whi ... index.html
Last edited by String on 17 Mar 2005 00:35, edited 3 times in total.
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:Im sorry but anyone deliberately holding on within inches of their own try line with 3 players trying to take the ball off him has to go, at the very minimum.
To repeat the offences 4 or 5 times and nobody goes is corrupt. There is no possible way the ref can argue those offences werent deliberate or cynical. When we had a player carded that was just the laughable final straw considering they hadnt even been warned for this. Im sure Fear has cheated us before. This time it was totally blatant.
The quickly taken tap penalty on their 5mt line by the post (last five minutes) was also a banker for a yellow card. The only defender directly between the ball carrier and the line made no attempt whatsoever to retreat, he simply stood his ground and tackled him. I'm not saying that one of the other defenders coming at him from the side wouldn't have stopped him (though it was highly unlikely), so it couldn't have been a penalty try, but that was also a definate yellow card offence. Fear is a bloody cheat and that is the polite version.
captain morgan

Post by captain morgan »

[(and this is just [b]my[/b] opinion and not that of Ebbw Vale RFC) the referee was a bloody cheat.
The same Graham, with the ref at Pontypool park tonight played fifty five minutes of the second half, give Carmarthen a kick infront of the posts, they kick the points. End of game.
Graham

Post by Graham »

captain morgan wrote:The same Graham, with the ref at Pontypool park tonight played fifty five minutes of the second half, give Carmarthen a kick infront of the posts, they kick the points. End of game.
HOW LONG???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Was he being paid by the hour or something? Who was it by the way?

Strike that last question, I just checked and according to the wru site, your ref was the one and only Huw David.
Last edited by Graham on 17 Mar 2005 11:09, edited 1 time in total.