Dick Best

Cymru Am Byth ('nuff said)

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

RS

Dick Best

Post by RS »

I read Dick Best's comments in the London Evening Standard (a paper designed for reading by people who feel all smug and self congratulatory about living in London) about the huge mistake Sir Clive would make if he picked too many Welsh players for the Lions.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Best upset Welsh sensibilities when he was London Irish coach, just before we played them in the European Shield quarter final, by annoucning that he was bringing his team to Ebbw Vale to do missionary work?

Far be it from me to suggest that he has a reputaion as a rent-a-quote publicity seeker...
Don't forget, you read it here first. (Unless it's rubbish, then please assume you read it elsewhere.)
Graham

Post by Graham »

Yeah, I read that as well fella. The man is so full of it (guess the missing two letters from that word). He is a prize idiot and I can't use the words I want on this forum as it will be auto-edited, but he sounds like a very bitter little man (not to mention a complete Eddie Butler).
String

Post by String »

He's a complete and utter David Moffet.
Graham

Post by Graham »

String wrote:He's a complete and utter David Moffet.
Hang on now, that IS getting personal.

:lol:
Audi Diesel

Mr Best and the best of the Welsh

Post by Audi Diesel »

The baove comments are even more pertinent now that the Lions have lost three nil. Not that any selections would have turned the tide, but it might have made the scores closer.

While we don't want to put too much pressure on the Welsh team from long distance, I think that the experiences of the Welsh Lions will strengthen the Welsh team.