O2

As suggested in our Forums, here is the place to post all those non-rugby related issues

Moderators: The ref, Henry Crun

Raffles

O2

Post by Raffles »

My mobile phone contract is about to end in the next few weeks and I've been offered a very good deal with O2. However, I have been told by someone that the coverage with O2 is pretty dire. Is there anybody who posts on here with O2? If so what do you think of them?
Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself!
String

Post by String »

O2 and Vodafone generally recognised as having the best coverage in the UK.

I used O2 here for years and it worked very well, far better than T-mobile and orange.

I now use vodafone (but purely due to their contract suited me better).

If O2 have a good deal for you id say take it.
Raffles

Post by Raffles »

Cheers, thanks for that.
Dil

Post by Dil »

O2 cut out on me going down the rock towards Aber and was useless in West Wales but this was all a couple of years ago so may have it sorted now.

Worth shopping round as I recently got a 200 mins any network plus 300 texts a month deal on t-mobile for 15 quid a month for my daughter.
String

Post by String »

Theres one part of the rock towards abergavenny where ive seen no signal on 4 different networks. Seems to be a blackspot no operator has bothered with.

When i had O2 it worked everywhere in west wales except bizzarely one pub in Milford Haven (i spend most weekends in west wales so gave it a pretty good run).

Im not comment on t-mobile 'cos it'll make me angry :)
IJ

Post by IJ »

If your experiences of T mobile are based, as mine were, on service about 4 or 5 years ago I can honestly say they have changed. I've been back with them for a year now and the service seems as good as a vodaphone phone I have as well.
Raffles

Post by Raffles »

Thanks for all the advice, got it sorted now and decided to stick with Vodafone as they almost matched the offer o2 made me and matched the one given by Orange, plus I got the phone I wanted. To be fair to them coverage is good and I've always found the customer service team very helpful and efficient.There is definately a weak spot with the signal going down the rock and in the Raglan area. I lived in Clydach for a while and although the signal was weak I never experienced any real problems.