Neil Edwards

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Malpas69

Neil Edwards

Post by Malpas69 »

Can someone in the know please confirm/deny that Neil Edwards turned up at training looking for a game and Byron told him that he had already picked the team and that we did not need him.

Is Byron out of his mind ... ??

Now I appreciate that Neil should not have been brought straight into the team as there are players who train week in and week out and whether they are better players or worse players, they deserve to be selected. We have to reward loyalty.

Having said that, Neil is a class player and given the current state of our set piece, especially the lineout, what an asset he would be to our team given that we are scrapping for survival.

We desperately need second rows and I can think of no better player. He was superb for us last year and has experience playing at a higher level (Wales A and the D*****s).

Why oh why did Byron let him go ... must be mad ... !!

So, what did Neil do ... he went to Cross Keys, who put him on the bench and he played the whole second half against us.

Mind you ... I am curious why Neil left Newport ... ??

So, can someone please tell us what really happened with Neil and Byron ... ??
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
CJ

Neil the mecenary

Post by CJ »

Neil was meant to train on Monday and didnt show. People on the bank seemed to think this didnt matter. So the players who train week in week out are told no your not starting, your beching it because Neil has decided to grace us with his pressence.

If he didnt train how on earth could we play him. he is a lineout jumper and needs to know the calls etc.

No matter how well he played when he was with us that was down to the coaches and team manager. <admin deletion> Every single game he would be complaining about some injury or another and they had to convince him to play.

I for one would rather see people on that field who want to be on their, whether or not they are more/less talented.
Graham

Post by Graham »

I'm not 100% sure and would like to know all the facts of the matter, but I heard that Neil was supposed to be at training on Monday, but didn't turn up as he said he had the trots. But we need to know all the facts before we can berate anyone.

However, I am curious about Neil's appearance for either side, as he is (according to the Newport fans) recovering from a foot injury. Why would they release him to play for either of us and risk him getting injured further? Unless he is dual registered with the Dragons and he was on permit from them? I have no idea how it works. At least he didn't walk around punching people last night though.
String

Post by String »

After the injury he caused playing against us for newport and the other random punches he threw at us in that game would you REALLY want him on your side anyway ?